North York Seniors Centre has cancelled the Spring Session, and the Active Living Centre remains closed until May 3rd. Although, some essential services are being delivered, such as in-home services as well as transportation rides for groceries and medical appointments.
Active Living Centre:
- The facilities are closed to the public.
- Individual personal calls are being made to select members to ensure their wellbeing and safety
A Day Away:
- The programs are closed to clients
- The ADA Team are making personal contact calls with clients The frequency of calls is determined with client needs/wants
In Home and Transportation Services:
- Service is being scaled back to clients in high need. In home services will continue providing service to clients requiring essential services (personal care, meal preparation, groceries, medication reminders, etc.)
- Transportation rides have been scaled back to rides for groceries, medical appointments
- Active screening of clients prior to providing service using the new active screening tool
- Cleaning and disinfecting practices have been heightened in both programs. Drivers are using disinfection wipes at the start of their shift, throughout the day and at the end of their shift.
- All in community visits have been suspended
Last updated April 3, 2020