To become a member, sign up for a class or attend an event at the Active Living Centre (ALC), just come in and a volunteer at reception will be glad to help you. We are working on making the sign-up process easier through online registration and hope to have that up and running soon. There is a fee structure for both Members (Advantage) and Non-Members for all classes, programs, trips, events and workshops – all are welcome!
Most of the drop-in programs are offered to members only and are held on an ongoing basis unless otherwise stated. Participants are not required to sign up in advance for drop-in programs. In order to participate in a drop-in program, you are required to pay the fee listed under the program title each time you come to participate.
Registered programs have specific start and end dates listed in the program description. Members may take advantage of “Early Bird” registration which opens 3-4 weeks prior to the start of the program. Non-members may register during the first week of programs. A premium will be charged for all registered programs, trips, special events, and workshops.
Being a member of the ALC is not a requirement to register for a class, program, event or trip. However, a premium will be charged for non-members, and they may only register for a class once the session has begun; trips, workshops and events require prior sign up.
Dance and Fitness Classes
Please note that when you register for any dance or fitness classes, you will be required to complete a PARQ form and you may be required to provide a doctor’s note. Standardized consent forms are available in the Program Office.
What to Bring
To sign up for a membership:
- Identification (driver’s licence, passport)
- Your address and phone number
- Payment (cash, cheque or credit card)
- Emergency contact Information
Frequently Asked Questions
We understand you might need to request a refund on a class or program, so here are some notes about the refund process:
- All class and program refunds are subject to a $5 administration fee.
- Requests for refunds after the first class will only be allowed for medical reasons in which case a doctor’s note must be provided. These refunds will be pro-rated to the time when the request and note were provided and are not subject to an administration fee.
- Immediate refunds are not available. Please allow time for cheque processing.
- Refund requests may be made by contacting the program staff:
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
via phone: 416 733.4111
or in person at:
The Active Living Centre
21 Hendon Avenue
Toronto ON M2M 4G8