To become a member, just come in and a volunteer at the reception will be glad to assist you. Everyone 55+ is welcome! You can sign up for a class or attend an event at the Active Living Centre (ALC). There is a fee structure for both Members (advantage) and Non-Members for all classes, programs, trips, events, and workshops.
Social programs are offered to members only and are held on an a weekly basis unless otherwise stated. Participants are required to sign up in advance. In order to participate in a social program, you are required to pay the fee listed under the program title.
Registered programs have specific start and end dates listed in the program description and are offered to members of the ALC.
Being a member of the ALC is not a requirement to register for a class, program, event or trip. However, a premium will be charged for non-members, and they may only register for a class once the session has begun; trips, workshops and events require prior sign up.
Dance and Fitness Classes
Please note that when you register for any dance or fitness classes, you will be required to complete a PARQ form and you may be required to provide a doctor’s note. Standardized consent forms are available in the Program Office.
What to Bring
To sign up for a membership:
- Identification (driver’s licence, passport)
- Your address and phone number
- Payment (cash, cheque, VISA or MasterCard)
- Emergency contact Information
Frequently Asked Questions
We understand you might need to request a refund on a class or program, so here are some notes about the refund process:
- All class and program refunds are subject to a $5 administration fee.
- Requests for refunds after the first class will only be allowed for medical reasons in which case a doctor’s note must be provided. These refunds will be pro-rated to the time when the request and note were provided and are not subject to an administration fee.
- Immediate refunds are not available. Please allow time for cheque processing.
- Membership fee is non-refundable.
- Refund requests may be made by contacting the program staff:
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
via phone: 416 733.4111
or in person at:
The Active Living Centre
21 Hendon Avenue
Toronto ON M2M 4G8