As we gradually increase the number of on-site activities, virtual programs on Zoom and by telephone will continue to be offered. In addition, we are developing opportunities to bring in-person programs directly to small groups in the community through our “Mobile ALC” program.
As you are aware, the situation with COVID-19 is constantly changing, and is monitored closely by public health. Plans can (and have) changed with very little notice to maintain the health & safety of the community. If this pandemic has taught us anything, it has shown us how to be adaptive and patient. The following information is based on the current environment and knowledge. The Team at the ALC will communicate any changes to programs in a timely manner, however; your attention and patience will be required as we work our way back to a safe and welcoming meeting place for all.
The ALC Team will communicate ALC news via channels:
- Newsletter: The InTouch is coming back in quarterly format. CLICK HERE for the programs in October, November and December.
- Robo-Calls: The ALC Team will be making regular robo-calls to inform of program updates and changes, special news, events
- E-Bulletin: will be emailed weekly with special news, program updates
- Website and social media: check our on-line channels for program information and updates
- If you do not have email, and would like to be on our mailing list, please notify the Program Team by calling 416-733-4111.
For people returning to on-site programs here is what you can expect:
- Entry & Exit: Please use the side door.
- Environment: A clean and controlled environment is maintained. Plexiglass has been installed where needed, signage and cleaning protocols are in place to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Protocols for individuals: Everyone MUST screen upon entry. You information will be collected for contact tracing. Masks must be worn correctly at all times, and physical distancing of 6’ maintained, sanitize and/or wash hands as appropriate. Safety for yourself and of others is paramount – there is zero tolerance for unsafe behavior by members, volunteers or staff while on site. Do not come to the Centre if you are feeling ill.
- Vaccination: At this time, full vaccination is strongly recommended for all participants.
- Program supplies: Please bring your own water bottle and program supplies as needed. Please do not share items with classmates.
- Socializing indoors beyond class time will not be permitted. Restrictions will gradually be lifted as it becomes safe to do so
At this time the Gym, Café, Giftshoppe and Travel program will remain closed to in person service. The ALC Team is happy to assist with personal shopping at the Giftshoppe!
Registration for On-Site Programs:
- Membership is required to participate in any programs or activities. Reminder: Membership fee is increasing effective Nov. 1st, 2021. Renew your membership before November without penalty. New fees: $55-New Member, $50 to renew.
- Fall program registration is limited to 4 weeks (3 in December) per session – programs will run for 4/3 weeks. It is anticipated that the Winter session will be extended to 6-8 weeks, and the Spring session will return to a 10 week session.
- Registration is required for all programs including social drop-in programs. Space is limited, and a lottery system will be implemented for the fall term. Registration details will be released shortly on-line and by robocall.
- Cancelations & closure: In the event that a class must be canceled, the ALC Team will make every effort to contact participants. Alternate arrangements will be made where possible.
- Registration Fees & Refunds: Fees are based on short, 4/3 week sessions and are not refundable for any reason.
Zoom, Telephone & Mobile Programs:
- Membership is required to participate in all virtual programs or activities.
- Pre-registration is required for virtual programs, details for registering in advance will be available shortly.
- Cancelations: ALC Team will make every effort to contact participants. Where possible, a make up class will be made available.
- Registration Fees & Refunds: Fees are based on short, 4 week sessions and are not refundable for any reason.
Curious about the Active Living Centre reopening on October 4th, 2021? Check out this video and know what to expect.
|Renew your Membership now!
Annual Membership Fee increases November 1st, 2021.
If you have any questions please call or email us.